Book your place >
The Innovation awards recognise and celebrate the very best new innovations across the breadth of science, engineering and technology. Progress in science, engineering and technology is increasingly fast moving, our ability to innovate remains at the forefront of sustainability and competitiveness.
Entries that comes, globally through these awards have the potential to make dramatic improvements to modern society, demonstrating the innovation and imagination of engineers worldwide as they tackle economic and social challenges.
We have 16 categories for you to choose from that have been carefully selected to address the demand of these challenges.
Submit your entries to these awards free of charge and have your entry judged Independent and authoritative by our expert panels of judges from industry and academia.
April - Submission system opens
5 July - Deadline for entries
July - September - Judging commences
Late September - Shortlist announced
13 November - Awards Ceremony and winners announced
• Consideration to deliver an IET EngTalk either as an Insight Speaker or Main Speaker
• Be part of the Discover Innovation: Shortlist Showcase - space dedicated at the ceremony to shortlisted entrants to demonstrate their innovations first-hand
• A representative for each of the winners will be invited onto an Innovation Award Judging Panel the following year
• E&T magazine – feature in a double page spread in the number one engineering magazine in the UK, distributed to our 169,000 members
• Entry on the dedicated winners page of this website, containing direct links to your own website and description of your winning innovation
• Winners will get support from the IET in-house communications team to help to secure editorial coverage
• Raising your personal or company profile – shortlisted and winning entries are promoted to our 169,000 members all over the world, offering fantastic domestic and international coverage
• 12 month 'conference pass' giving you up to 25% off a maximum of 4 of the IET's events in the year following the Innovation Awards
•The exclusive opportunity to attend the awards ceremony and dinner; a fantastic evening where you can connect and celebrate with other innovators at the top of their field
• Aligning yourself with excellence – the IET is the second largest membership organisation for engineers in the world. Providing you the platform to proving your knowledge – increasing your reputation within the industry across the globe
• A specially designed and personalised award trophy to display in your own office or lab
IET Services Limited is registered in England. Registered Office: Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL. Registration Number 909719. IET Services Limited is trading as a subsidiary of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, which is registered as a Charity in England & Wales (no 211014) and Scotland (no SC038698).