Entries have closed for this year – congratulations to all our shortlistees and good luck!
We will re-open for entries to our 2018 awards in March and with a closing deadline of Friday 6 July 2018. Watch this space for more information!
The simple answer to your question “why should I enter the IET innovation Awards?” is this: while there are a lot of awards out there offering the chance to showcase your latest developments, the Innovation Awards are open to anyone anywhere, with 15 different categories to choose from, and carries prestige and authority for engineers and technologists all over the world.
So what’s in it for you?
There are many great reasons to enter, including the ability to
- Align yourself with excellence – the IET is the second largest membership organisation for engineers in the world
- Raise your personal or company profile – shortlisted and winning entries are promoted to our 168,000 members all over the world, offering fantastic domestic and international coverage
- Prove your knowledge – increasing your reputation within the industry across the globe
- Independent and authoritative – judged by our expert panels of judges from industry and academia
- Credible - supported by many organisations including the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; Innovation Leadership Forum, Innovate UK, AURIL and Cambridge Wireless, to name a few
- And they are completely FREE to enter!
Raise your profile with the awards
“Winning awards like this is a real validation for the company and the technology itself.”
Arnab Basu, Kromek Group Plc - 2016 Navigation and Surveillance Communications Award winner
“It’s fantastic recognition for us as a start-up.”
James Harding, FlexEnable - 2016 Emerging Technology Design & Start-Up Awards winner
Winning the Innovation Awards offers you the opportunity to take advantage of the IET’s exclusive channels to promote your innovation:
- IET Innovation Awards website – with a dedicated winners page containing direct links to your own website and marketing
- E&T magazine – feature in a double page spread in the number one engineering magazine in the UK distributed to our 168,000 members
- Awards Ceremony – a glamorous black-tie evening offering the opportunity to connect and celebrate with other innovators at the top of their field
- Discover Innovation: Shortlist Showcase – dedicated time at the ceremony for shortlisted entrants to demonstrate their innovations first-hand to all ceremony guests
- 100 Engineering Ideas that Changed the World – a selection of winners will be invited to display their innovation in the new interactive feature at IET London: Savoy Place
- IET award branding for your website and marketing
- Speaker and technical conference committee opportunities – IET Events offer Innovation Award winners the chance to speak at one of our relevant events or join one of our technical conference committees
- And, of course, a specially designed and personalised award trophy to display in your own office or lab
Don’t forget - an entry form must be completed as entries without a completed form will not be accepted.